We’ve all seen the news. Ransomware, cryptolocker, malware, viruses….
29000 systems compromised worldwide, NHS systems taken down in this country.
All very scary.
What does it mean for you as a computer user?
If you don’t have reliable, verifiable and tested, on and offsite backups of your data – you are at risk of losing ALL your data. The risk is small or high depending on a number of factors:
1. How up to date your systems are – do you update and patch your systems? You should
2. Your email filtering and habits – do you open random attachments? You shouldn’t. Do you have email filtering or use e.g. Office365? You should.
3. Your browsing habits – certain websites contain malware and vulnerabilities. Do you browse carefully? You should.
4. Your antivirus/antimwalware – whilst not infallible, you should have the latest and keep them up to date.
5. Do you have good IT support? – call us if you don’t. You should.
The UK’s National Cyber Security Centre has longer reading HERE, otherwise call us for peace of mind.